Monday, April 26, 2010

farm spring flowers.

This weekend was just what I'd hoped for! Very low-key and relaxing. With all the stress of school it was nice to just be home for a few days. Friday I spent the evening with Mom and Dad. We went to my favorite mexican food place then rented a movie. We watched "Couples Retreat" with Vince Vaugn- I knew it would be halarious and a bit suggestive. I don't recommend this one for family night..haha! It was funny though, and the scenery was BEAUTIFUL.

Saturday Mom and I spend some time pulling weeds and planting flowers around the house. We planted lantana, summer snapdragons, petunias, and a few bushes. I've always enjoyed yardwork. I like getting my hands dirty, and I love getting a tan. The weather was absolutely PERFECT! It was about 75 degrees, really strong winds and big blue skies! It was just gorgeous.

 Sunday after church we all went to lunch then stopped by the farm house to water the flowers. Ohhhh man, are they beautiful! I took a few pictures to share with you! If you haven't read my previous post, this is our little "get-away" cottage house.



Aren't they lovely? Yayy for SPRING! :) This is a small flowerbed on the side of the house. There are quite a few others in the back that I didn't photograph. Here is a another picture of my mother's crafty touch! This is what she did to the side of an old shed close by...



No comments: